South Gloucestershire Council Logo Bath & North East Somerset Council logo North Somerset Council Logo Bristol City Council Logo

Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)

Are you a landlord of residential accommodation?

Do you rent out shared houses, bedsits or flats where some of the facilities are shared?

If you answered yes to any of the above then this part of the website may be essential reading for you!

You must check to see if you require a licence for your HMO. From April 2006 it has been an offence to operate an HMO without a licence, and a fine of up to 20,000 can be issued.

Check out the menu items to the left for more detailed information and how to find out if your property is licensable.

>> Useful links

Web Designer